Wrinkles are an inevitable part of life that we all have to deal with. While some may see them as a sign of wisdom, most of us would prefer to avoid them. Fine lines are the first indication of aging and can make us look older than we are. Although we can’t completely eliminate wrinkles, we can do things to reduce their appearance. If you don’t want to use expensive eye creams or prefer a natural alternative, why not try Aloe Vera under your eyes?
Aloe Vera has been used for centuries to maintain healthy skin, and even Cleopatra was a big believer. This miracle plant contains essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that improve skin elasticity and can penetrate up to seven layers deep. The gel extracted from the plant contains 18 amino acids that help heal dry skin and fight free radicals that cause wrinkles. Aloe also contains antioxidants that help prevent skin aging, while Vitamins B1, B3, B6, C, niacinamide, and choline moisturize, tone, and brighten the skin. Consistent use of Aloe Vera results in firmer and younger-looking skin.
- Forever Aloe Heat Lotion: Review and Benefits
- Benefits of Aloe Rosacea Treatment
- Benefits of Aloe for Skin: Eczema, Acne, and Wrinkles
In addition, Aloe Vera is packed with Vitamins A and E, both of which have numerous benefits for the skin. Aloe increases collagen production, which is essential for the skin’s firmness and strength. As we age, collagen degradation takes place, and Aloe Vera’s ability to help the body produce more collagen is a great benefit. Applying the gel will facilitate cell rejuvenation.
How to Reduce Wrinkles and Dark Circles Using Aloe Vera Gel
- If you are wearing eye makeup, use a gentle eye makeup remover to remove it. Clean & Clear Soothing Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover and Jason Natural Products Quick Clean Makeup Remover are great options. Be sure to remove your makeup gently without pulling on your eyelids.
- Dab Aloe Vera gel under your eyes using your ring finger. This finger applies the least amount of pressure, which is important since the skin under the eyes is delicate. Avoid rubbing the gel onto your skin, as this can cause wrinkles.
- Wait for the gel to dry before applying your favorite eye cream or wrinkle corrector on top of it, if you wish to do so. This step ensures that the gel has been fully absorbed before applying any additional products.